A laparoscopy is a keyhole surgery which is performed in the belly area. It has many benefits over conventional surgery, like faster recovery, less pain, and much smaller scars. If you have a laparoscopy, it often means you don’t need to stay in hospital overnight.
laparoscopy is a type of surgery in which the surgeon uses only small cuts to get through the skin. People who have keyhole surgery usually recover quite quickly, usually, a gynecologist perform these surgeries and Dr. Prerna Sharma is one of them, she has a hand on experience of laparoscopic surgery and their patient recover from it very soon.
Laparoscopy is keyhole surgery used to examine or operate on the interior of the abdominal or pelvic cavities. It is performed under general anesthesia, usually by a surgeon or gynecologist
When is laparoscopy used?
Laparoscopy is used to diagnosis conditions or perform surgery in the abdominal and pelvic area. It can be used to:
- Assess painful or heavy periods
- Remove the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries
- Diagnose or treat endometriosis
- Diagnose or remove ovarian cysts
- Assess female infertility
- Treat ectopic pregnancy
- Remove cysts or other tumours
- Remove the gall bladder
- Remove parts of the intestine
- Take a biopsy (a small tissue sample) for testing
- Search for the causes of ongoing abdominal or pelvic pain.